The Procurement Manager will assist the Sourcing Manager in obtaining materials from suppliers to meet manufacturing and R&D operation needs, purchase chemicals and negotiate prices.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Negotiate bids and blanket purchase orders with vendors and purchase chemicals taking into account cost, quality, service and GMP compliance.
2. Identify and develop sources for key chemicals used in both developmental and commercial API’s. Work with vendors to qualify materials for use taking into account quality, impurities, methods of analysis and process chemistry.
3. Participate in the development of supply agreements with vendors to manage cost, supply and provide optimum level of service to meet manufacturing efficiency objectives.
4. Assist in arranging sale and return of obsolete inventory, including contacting potential buyers, negotiating sale price, submitting samples and arranging shipments.
5. Support efforts to shorten the Supply Chain through logistics, internal teams and communications across all functions.
6. Secure quotes and develop new sources of supply for RLS and R&D using databases and vendor interaction to attain quality, cost and supply objectives.
7. Monitor balances on chemicals to ensure minimum stock levels.
8. Assist IT Department in maintaining/enhancing Oracle purchase order system.
9. Collaborate closely with Quality Assurance to help lead the Supplier Quality process for Direct Sourcing. Monitor vendor performance against Supplier Quality standards and seek corrective action as necessary. Manage data and reporting for all vendors for input to Supplier Scorecards.
10. Support Purchase Price Variance (PPV) reports for RLS financial tracking. Interpretation of reports is done with Sourcing Manager’s input/assistance.
11. Secure supplier documentation (FDA approvals, vendor questionnaires, quality certificates, Certificates of Analysis, MSDS, etc.) for direct materials assuring that each meets multi-departmental needs and specifications.
12. Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or service.
13. Participate in self-development activities and training of others.
14. Complete the Sourcing Core Competencies in the Learning Management System.
15. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
16. Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.